Born and bred in deepest Sussex I developed an interest in mountaineering through the Scouting movement. I dabbled in rock and ice-climbing at university, followed by mountain marathons and orienteering whilst living in the South East, but have now returned to my main passion - fell walking in the Lake District.
For several years, work kept me tied to a desk and the motorway network so I am now making the most of our decision to move to Cumbria. A slower pace of life and much nicer scenery.
Since buying my first digital camera I have begun to capture the images of the changing moods and colours of the Lakes which I have been enjoying for many years. I still use A.W.'s books to guide me and hope fellow A.W. readers will appreciate this site.
Enjoy the views.
Lakeland fellwalking milestones:
- 24 January 1987 ascent of first Wainwright (Saint Sunday Crag)
- 9 March 2002 Andrew and Anne complete their round of the Wainwright fells on Helm Crag
- 12 September 2003 All Wainwright tops visited with the digital camera (Yewbarrow walk)
- 30 April 2004 Andrew completes his round of the FRCC summits on Stainton Pike
- 21 July 2004 Andrew completes his second round of the Wainwright fells on Troutbeck Tongue
- 19 December 2006 Andrew completes his third round of the Wainwright fells (and also ascends them all in 2006) on Green Crag
- Everest The Easy Way - 10 ascents of Skiddaw in 9 days (May 2007)
- 28 April 2012 Andrew completes his fourth round of the Wainwright fells on Pillar. Also on the same walk Yewbarrow was Andrew's 2,000th Wainwright summit.